Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Wild Horses

Among the many great aspects of our short trip to Savannah (more of which you can read about at the blahblahblog),was my rented Mustang. I didn't set out to rent a "premium car", it just worked out that way. The sales clerk was very persuasive. His pitch was catchy, memorable and undeniably effective. It went something like, "Do you want to pay more money for the Mustang?"

He had me at the part where he asked if I wanted to spend more money on a Mustang. I had planned on spending the weekend in a penalty box of a subcompact car of pan Asian origin. Was it worth the $50.00 extra bucks? Nope. Absolutely not. After all, Asia makes a great car these days. Am I glad I spent it? Yep, absolutely.

It was a grabber blue pony premium coupe with black leather and, (unfortunately), and automatic. Even with the automatic it is an entertaining car to drive. It is significantly more comfortable than sporty, but it is a good all-around car with some style. The V6 is a willing engine that makes nice noises when pushed, unlike a lot of V6 cars that tend to just sort of moan in protest.

I am sure the manual equipped sport package coupe is a little crisper- that's the one for me. However, as far as I'm concerned the car, even in its rental car form, was pretty darn good.

I want one. Yep. I do. I would love the V8, but let's face it, I don't need it. The V6 is sweet and smooth. It doesn't have a basso profundo exhaust like the five liter, but if this were my daily driver, I am not so sure I would want that. It steps off the line well, if not immediately and revs till next Tuesday.

I want one. We have an appointment tomorrow at the Ford dealer as we have begun the process of replacing Emily's lease. And none-too-soon. We like the car less with each passing day. Of course, a Mustang is not the best choice for its replacement.

Still...

3 comments:

  1. Do it do it do it do it do it do it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. and really? You're not even going to mention that had I given you "the look" you would have stuck with the Asian car?? I said, why not? I know you wouldn't have if I hadn't given the okay. I get credit for that. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete