Monday, May 2, 2011

We're International, Baby!

Metric-It's Not Just a Band Anymore

I decided to add a counter to my blog that gives me metrics about when, how many and from where (Facebook, Google, etc.) people are looking at the blog. So, after 3 whole hours of these metrics, this is what I have learned.

Grandiose Ruminations by The Numbers

Most of you use Windows 7, although Mac users are second. There is even a linux person out there proving it takes all kinds.

Many of you find my blog through my Facebook page, so I must know you. Some of you come directly to the blog, so you must be regular readers... maybe you've even bookmarked the site!

We are international! There are two hits from Canada, my favorite other North American country. Welcome, eh! You're so welcome here, friend! Unless you are from Quebec... I don't do French people. Well, anymore. I did date a Goiette. Come to think of it, she wasn't French, just kinky.
____________________________________________________________

Red Red Wine

Is there anything (bourbon not withstanding) that melts the problems of the world away quite so effectively as red wine? In this case, a nice Merlot from the Dynamite label given to us by our neighbors on Good Friday. It is one of my favorite labels, particularly their Merlot.
____________________________________________________________

My Weird Friends

I don't mean my friends are weird... I mean the people I call friends are so different from one another. I have a gay Republican Lawyer, a Methodist Minister and a bon vivant from Chicago whom I have never actually met in the classical sense of the word. Then there are my fellow bookies from Barnes and Noble juxtaposed with "my" kids from high school youth group whose parents would run me out on a rail if they knew some of the things I write in this blog.

My mom reads. God bless her she has been a fan and a follower of mine for longer than all you fair-weather people. I say things that I know she doesn't "like", but she "likes" me anyway.

All of you are so different. Liberal Agnostics, Conservative God Fearing U.S.A. chanting beer drinkers, Ministers, long-suffering wives and people who wouldn't know what to think about anything if it was shown to them on cue cards, college professors of high intellect and young people of great wisdom and wit. I am proud to call you all friends and appreciative of all your viewpoints and ideals. I hope it proves that if we choose to talk to people and work through our differences and get to know each other, there are no problems that can't be worked out.

Even if you are French Canadian.

1 comment:

  1. A bon vivant! Yay! And I suppose we can allow French Canadians, but we don't have to like it, do we? I like the new layout! Very nice....and I subscribe now through my Google reader page:)

    ReplyDelete