Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thursday Miscellany

As you have no doubt seen on Emily's blog, we "downsized" and got her a less extravagant car. It is a Fusion, no leather, but it's got the good stereo, Sync and a moon roof. All for about $75.00 bucks less a month than her other car.

I liked the old car for about a week. But then I started to realize I was craning my neck to get in and out because of the "fast" windshield. It was loud! A lot loud! I like quiet cars, unless I'm in a sports car. The seats were never comfortable. The plus side was it was a very attractive car with a huge amount of room for its size. It was reliable (as I expect the new car will be since they share a lot of mechanicals) and got good mileage (ditto).

This new car has cushier seats and a more upright driving position. The color is okay, it's not my favorite. So, we welcome the as yet unnamed number 18 to the stable. May your 39 months with us be uneventful and pleasant.
_____________________________________________________________

My head hurts. I have had a relapsing remitting headache for the last couple days. I want it to go away. I guess the colder wetter weather is to blame. I don't care. I want it to go away.
_____________________________________________________________

Tomorrow being a holiday Friday, I wasn't expecting to really work that hard. No one else got the memo, though, and I have three appointments in three cities, the farthest of which is 150 miles from home... and it's at 3:00pm.

The good news? I have three appointments, yo! I'll take it when and from where I can get it. And while I am taking it, I will be smiling and full of thanks for the blessings I have been given.
_____________________________________________________________

My grass is healthy, but not so green. I will have to do something about that this weekend. I wonder if it is because I have been bagging (so the crab grass does not spread) and treating it aggressively for weeds. Me thinks it is time for more nitrogen and iron to green it up a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment