Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tuesday Tumble Jumble Mumble

Oh, Stats, Where Art Thou?

As soon as it began, it is over. I can't log in to my stats because there has been a catastrophic server failure according to the help desk and now I can't see the "overnights". In fact, they are saying it will be days before they are up and running. The old me would have taken responsibility, saying my blog ruined the stats counter site. The new me just laments that I hitched my horse to the wrong tree. Whatever that means.

Another fine example of things that make our lives easier only making them harder. Now I have to fret about stats. Well, I don't have to, but I do. I know you understand. Off to find another counter that isn't run by potheads and well-intentioned geeks with no real skill. I wonder if I google with those terms...
____________________________________________________________

The Draft

It has been nice to write a little freestyle the last couple days. Draft one of the proposal is out the door and in the hands of people far less talented than I, but far more experienced. I culled it to 38 pages not including attachments, exhibits and appendices. All told, in the 60 something pages. I hope teacher likes it. I need a good grade.

Hope you like the new look of the blog. The contrast is better so it may be easier to read. I like to change layouts here and there, since the writing sucks, at least you can have something to look at.

I have been writing my company monthly newsletter and have discovered (rediscovered, really) my love for page layout. When I wrote for the high school newspaper it was my favorite part. It creates a finely resolved chord where my OCD, My inner designer and my finely honed love of self come together to make beautiful music. Seriously, it's like D major... I love it.
____________________________________________________________

Internal Clock

I have always had a pretty good internal clock. I think I may have referenced it here before. This morning, I knew it was getting close to alarm bell time. I was fading in and out, anticipating it. At one point, while faded out, I was having a dream of sorts wherein I was talking... at the point where I said in my dream, "it's time to get up, the alarm is going to go..." Baddah bing, the alarm went off.

If I am lucky enough to still be sleeping when the alarm goes off, I often find it corresponds with some happenstance in my dream. Weird.

At work camp every year, the staff broadcasts silly songs and dialogues over the PA system to wake the kids. I refuse to be awakened this way and so always get up early to have some coffee and read. It's my quiet time. Then I get to watch all the kids roll out of the sack to the din of the crazy music and such. As I like to say, I'd rather watch a parade than march in one.

5 comments:

  1. I do like the new layout. Thank you for changing it. And your writing does not suck. It's very good and you know it. Stop the self-degradation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it, too. If it had a smell it would be bourbon and leather.... Mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try going into "draft.blogger.com" I think there's stats in there

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny, I thought of smells like leather, but also of old world restaurants and the smells of the like. Like garlic and tomato... ah Italia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, "work camp" sounds a bit like "work shall set you free" camp....just sayin'

    ReplyDelete