Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tuesday Afternoon Miscellani

Never Was a Cornflake...

Right now, Tori Amos is crooning "Smells Like Teen Spirit" into my headphones and I am suddenly depressed. If there is anyone who can take an angsty diatribe like "Teen Spirit" and make it more depressing, it's Amos.

Don't get me wrong, I like her. I saw her in concert. We dubbed her drummer "The hardest working band member in all of music." It was a good show.

My friend, Dave has a great line which is funny in a awful sort of way (which is the best kind of way), "We get it, you were raped...." he says of her songs. He, too, is a fan. I like my chanteuses very much, but it is amazing how she just made me want to take a nap from being pretty cheery in two minutes-thirty seconds.
_____________________________________________________________

What is Your Superpower?

Mine is the ability to grow ear hair long enough for braids in mere seconds. I have the biggest, baldest head in the western hemisphere, but can't keep my ears exfoliated for the life of me. This is how I know God has a sense of humor. what the hell can you do with super ear hair?
_____________________________________________________________

Embarrassing Behavior

Edited for Content
_____________________________________________________________

Palate Cleanser


We just saved $600.00 a year or so by switching over insurance. I have been looking for a long time. A family friend works for our current provider, thus insuring awesome service and a friendly relationship.

Over the years, I have gotten a lot of quotes, but none were cheaper or better. And none had Pam.

However, by dint of the fact my parents both served our country, I am eligible for USAA, which is like Geico was before it went totally open. Geico, incidentally is Government Employees Insurance Company for those of you not aware of that. IT used to be just for them, until a decade or so ago when it became clear they needed to go broad or die. Geico never could save me that nebulous 15%, (15% of what, a ham sandwich?), but USAA sure did and for better coverage. I saved a lot on the insurance for the Corvette, which now clocks in at less than $200. For the year. Let that soak in parents of teens.

So, to you, Pam. I still think you are the best. I am glad you said we could still be friends. Thanks for your five years of great service!

No comments:

Post a Comment