Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thursday Travelog and Miscelaneous Ramblings

It is nice when I come to the east side of the state to be received so warmly by my many coworkers, especially since we rarely see each other. Perhaps, on the other hand, this is why I am so warmly received. Absence does indeed make the heart grow fonder. At least to a point.

Through rain soaked highways filled with distracted drivers who are unwittingly trying to kill you through apathy toward the very thing they are supposed to be doing, (namely driving), I find myself in my adopted home town for the remainder of today and all day tomorrow. The occasion? A gold outing.

Mon Dieu! you correctly exclaim. I do not golf. No, I won't be doing anything that exciting. I will be instead, working a hole. As a sponsor. For my company. Can I get a woot?

No, you are right dear astute reader. It is not woot worthy and so no woot shall be issued. I predict no woot eliciting moments tomorrow, either. The woot is moot as it were.

But I got some cool tchatchkies all golf themed with logos and such (tees, divot fixer and ball markers). I hope those go over well with the golfers cum prospective customers. Tracy, with whom I will be working asked what we do if we run out. I told her plan B is to show some leg. She said she didn't have nice legs. I told her we should hope for a high hole, since the higher the hole the less it matters. Beside that, I was talking about me.

I stopped at a place called "Giant Jersey Subs" for lunch. It is attached to a gas station. Seldom have I walked away from a meal that has been purchased from or eaten at a venue attached to a gas station feeling like it was good decision making that led me to that moment. The one exception is Fowlerville Farms, a family restaurant right off the interstate that makes honest to god fried chicken. You have to wait for it. It's worth the wait.

Unfortunately, Giant Jersey Subs has left a weight right on my chest that feels a lot like New Jersey itself is lying across me. Not good. The sub was good going in, it is just being difficult now that it's there.

What else happened? Not much. nothing, really. Just a drive across the state to work do a non-woot worthy task and a drive back. Such is the banality of existence.
_____________________________________________________________

Em continues to paint. It is going well, but taking a lot more materials than originally conceived. We both want to be done. This weekend we will make a big push. Let's hope Saturday is a good productive day.
_____________________________________________________________

Yes, I am ready for some football. Thank you for asking.
_____________________________________________________________

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry, but I have to point it out... the "gold" outing? hehehe

    ReplyDelete