Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Disaffected TARP Injected Mostly Feckless White Man's Burden Blues


This one is going to require a little imagination on your part. For those of you "normals" out there who don't think in song. I was musing this morning while doing the dishes that my little problems are so small compared to literally 90% or more of the people on this planet, but at the same time, there is a small group of people who would look at my life and go for the nearest gun if they ever had to live it.

As I said, life is one big song in my head. Often, I do a stream of consciousness song to a common 12 bar blues riff like the one in this link. Take a moment and listen and you will get the idea. Below is the little song I wrote this morning while doing the dishes. At the end, imagine a James Brown like breakdown where the band stops playing and would repeat everything James said and add a staccato horn pop and he would just go nuts until he ran out of things to slur and the song would end with a simple bluesy flourish.

Like I said, it would take some imagination on your part. Perhaps my friend at Diamonte Records would help me record this and it will make more sense, but for now, this is the best I got.

The Disaffected TARP Injected Mostly Feckless White Man's Burden Blues

I woke up this morning a pounding in my head
Found out my credit score, had really shit the bed
Don't know what to do, can't charge it anymore
No more weekends binging on Cristal Champagne and whores

Now I bought a yacht that I purchased with a loan
I secured it in part, with the equity in my home
Now its value has tanked and I got nowhere to go
I never knew a floating house could even be repo'd

Used to be so rich, I could afford two lives
One with my girl, the other one with my wife
Sweet Marie, she was my paramour
Now she says I can't afford to see her anymore!

Oh Man! What am I to do? I got the disaffected rich white man's burden blues!
Oh, yeah what am I to do? I can't be hitting the street in my Bruno Magli shoes!

I played with your money, I took it into to town
And when I fucked it up, we all went down
I get concerned, I really don't mean to whine
But I hear the Fed will only bail us out two more times!

Joe's got a Bentley, Jim's got a Rolls
Frank's got a Maybach with a driver in fine clothes
I just want a Lambo, or a perhaps a Ferr-ar-i
But times are so damn hard it's just a Porsche for me

It's getting to hard to live on the interest alone.
Had to let the help go, in some of my many homes
I might have to soon live within my salary
Oh No, they cut the limit of my Amex Black on me!

Oh, Man! What else can possibly happen next?! All I need's an audit from the IRS!
No one understands, how hard it is for me because I've got the,
No Account! (No account!)
Kick me when I'm down (When he's down!)
Need a half of Crown! (Half o' Crown!)
Drink until I drown! (Drown!)
Got no good to be found can't keep a bad man down someone take me in to town right down on the ground can't go no lower now corner office executive uncaring hardly human misunderstood and misundertandin' ever frustrated never duplicated money can't be maded no mansion in Barbados never see the South of France again probably die a poor millionaire in a pauper's mausoleum in a non-restricted cemetery where no one will visit me my Mom don't even like my my trust fund far behind me no morals left to guide me gonna die and hell will fry me..... BLUES!


Thanks for your indulgence.

2 comments:

  1. I really really really like the new color scheme of the blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you can do better... how about designing me a template?

    ReplyDelete