Thursday, September 9, 2010

Random Thoughts on the Day

9/9/09 was the day my cat, Felix died. I had forgotten until I was mowing the lawn today and was, you know, mowing his grave. I miss him, but sometimes I am not entirely convinced that Atticus is not formed of the ooze left behind by Felix. Sometimes the similarities are uncanny.

I have ruminated on some thoughts today. These are not original but at various times throughout this very difficult day each of these has been a help to me:

Always share praise and accept blame.

Better late than never; better never late.

Coach is a term of reverence, Boss is a term of derision. Whenever possible, coach, don't boss.

Practice makes perfect. Be careful what you practice.

A man who does what he loves doesn't work a day in his life.

A bad day fishing is better than the best day at work.

Time passes away, and leaves you with nothing, mister but boring stories of glory days.

Heartsong Christian Church outside Memphis, Tennessee opened their doors to the local Muslim community while their mosque is being built. During Ramadan, it is very important for Muslims to pray nightly. When asked why he would do such a thing, the pastor of the small Christian church paused and said simply, "We are loving our neighbors."
So simply said, so simply done.

Peace.

1 comment: