Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thurday Quickshots

I have potential business crawling out of the woodwork all medium to big. Nice problem to have! Of course, time for blogging is among the first time to go when work is taking up more of my time. I know you understand.
_____________________________________________________________

None of my repair parts have arrived, so GrandMa Marjorie Rubenstein, AKA Large Marge the Barge is still sitting moribund in my driveway, sagging a little by the stern. Perhaps this weekend I will get her rolling again.
_____________________________________________________________

A lady at a credit union can get me 2.88% on a used car loan for 5 years? Sign me up. Now I just need to find the car.
____________________________________________________________

Be sure to look for an upcoming Blab Blah Blog about our new concept for Emily's cooking show. It will be Giada Di Laurentiis meets the terminator. Look out, Bitchin' Kitchen, there's a new badass in town.
____________________________________________________________

Woe is me. My life is so hard. We sponsor a client's drag racing team and Em and I will get to hang out for a bit on Saturday. All in the name of work. Tough stuff. Powerboat races, Drag races, lunches, events where the word 'drinks' is in the title. I should have gotten into sales a long time ago.
____________________________________________________________

Mowing the lawn yesterday, I saw a mother and her toddler son walk up the walk and stop a respectful distance away. Thinking perhaps the toddler was afraid of the mower, I cut it off and invited them to pass.
The mother than said, "He just wanted to watch you." O.K. I laughed and said I hoped he enjoyed watching as much as I enjoyed laboring away. Except I am afraid I was a bad influence because I was mowing at first in flip-flops, then realizing how stupid and dangerous that was, I ditched them and went au natural. So, hopefully the kid won't remember the man down the street who mowed in bare feet (hey that rhymes) and stumble into the deck of his mower on day only to have to hop away (hey!).

No comments:

Post a Comment