Saturday, August 6, 2011

Saturday Headlines

My Car Sucks
Grandma has failed me again. Ever since the person or persons in Cleveland decided they needed my stuff more than I did and broke into my car to get it, she hasn't been the same. Yesterday in the driveway, car loaded for Cicero, the window switch failed. After taping the plastic to the opening, we switched cars and were off.

I am now looking at all the costs involved with fixing everything that is wrong in that door. The hinges torque and make noise, the power lock doesn't work, the trim molding is marred from where Mr. or Mrs. Crackhead pried their way into the car and now the window switch block is dead.

Basically, I am shopping for a complete new door, with all subassemblies, since all the pieces parts separately will cost more than a whole new door. All-in we're looking at another grand down the tube into this gigantic rolling piece of shit car.
_____________________________________________________________
Back To Normal
Our week with Skylar has come to an end. She is a good kid. We love having her and we hope she had fun. Work and other schedules meant she sometimes had to fend for herself, but I think we managed to keep her entertained for the most part. We certainly kept her well fed.
_____________________________________________________________
Changes at Work
I have been dropped by the one restoration company since they realized the level of investment that would be required on their part to actually perform the work in my geographic area. I will now focus all my time on business development for Great Lakes Cleaning and its Parent, New Image Building Services. No sweat. I like that better.
_____________________________________________________________
Sick and Tired
I haven't been sleeping due to allergies and such. When I am awake I feel like hell because of overuse of meds and lack of sleep. I love the summer so much, it is ironic that it makes me so miserable. I have been sick now since the 20th of June. It is starting to be a real drag.
One of my students swears allergy shots are the way to go. I may have to relent. Something's gotta give.
_____________________________________________________________
Careening Coaster Costs Kidney
Shivering Timbers at Michigan's Adventure is terrifying. I knew I wouldn't like it because it is a lot like the Mean Streak at Cedar Point. Which I hate as well.

But, Uncle Bill is a good sport, so Uncle Bill waited in the hour-long line and rode that nasty terrifying, shaky wooden roller coaster for all it was worth. The pain in my cervical spine and shoulders (already victims of advanced arthritis) would have been alarming were it not for the fact that I noticed a kidney (I think it was the left one) on the seat as I was disembarking the car. I would have gone back for it, but people were already loading back on. I checked the lost and found before we left. There were several kidneys there, but none looked like mine.

I will ride almost any thrill ride there is, but the big woodies just beat the crap out of me. Add Shivering Timbers to the list of things I have done once and will never do again.

No comments:

Post a Comment