Monday, April 25, 2011

I Have Been Remiss, Auntie Em!

Hi! Sorry I haven't written in awhile. Actually, I have been writing an awful lot. Proposals and such. I remarked to Emily that I am so glad I went to college, because all the research papers with all the compiling and organizing and putting it all down into a cogent format is really coming in handy these days.

I'm in the middle of a 60 page barn-burner now. Let me tell you, it is a real page turner, as in you will want to keep turning pages until it's over! I assure you it is not my normal witty, fast moving, occasionally poignant writing you have all come to know, and I presume, love. It's hard to make something snappy with headings like:
6.05.1 Management Capability
6.05.2 Technical Quality
6.05.3 Contractor's Experirence and Capabilities

And on and on and on. It starts at Section 1.1.1 and goes to section 8..... something. I am not there yet. I have another one to write right behind it that is easily analogous in scope, if not more in-depth. They are both due on the same day. See, it's just like college, except out here in the pros, the money is a helluva lot better. But the drugs aren't as good. Everything is a trade off.
_______________________________________________________________

Truly, I have been in a dry spell insofar as coming up with cracked and twisted viewpoints on today's world. I think I have been reading too much news. Depressing. The weather in the south has been so dreadful. So many people are dying it's kind of shocking. In the past, you may see whole towns destroyed, but at the end the reporter seems to say "Remarkably, perhaps miraculously, no one lost their lives..."

Not so with the recent raft of severe storms. I don't want to make light of this at all, but it does strike me as a little odd that tornadoes don't seem to be content just swallowing up rednecks in trailer parks anymore. From the tornado that made a full frontal assault on Lambert Field in St. Louis to last night's partial leveling of Tuscaloosa, Alabama!

Did they have a convention? What is the reason for this apparent change in tornado policy? Do white trash people in rusting trailer parks not taste good? Maybe their like the anchovies you buy in the tin... tear open the top and eat the oily salty fish crammed inside. I admit, they are an acquired taste.

Or perhaps leveling corn fields is just not fun anymore and the tornadoes wanted to really get into the meat of things.

I am applying a malevolent sentience to tornadoes which clearly does not exist anymore than the wizards of Harry Potter, yet if you allow your mind to wander just a little, it isn't so hard to believe.

I write my company's newsletter and in it last month I inserted an article indicating this spring was going to be wild, wet and windy for much of the lower 48. It has been as predicted. I just hope we get through this unprecedented tornado season with no more deaths. May is the biggest month for tornadoes statistically... we all need to hold our breath.
_______________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment