Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Conspiracy of Fate

Nature is a Mother

Weather. This time of year in the great north, weather is a terrible tease with days like last Saturday, sunny and 81; and days like next Saturday's rain snow mix with a high of 34. The worst weather always happens on the weekends, at least so it seems, making it impossible for me to get my yard in order, unless I skip work one day and do it. That would be unethical.

Really what I'm pissed about is this. I offered to help a guy from the Corvette forum to which I belong go look at a couple cars on Saturday. He is a self-described "newbie", or as the kids call it, "NOOB". I hate to see NOOBs spend too much money because they are overwhelmed by the beauty of their conquest.

A Corvette, unlike a lot of old cars, hides its flaws pretty well. At least it does if you are objectifying it. And most people do. The plastic bodies don't rust, and so people who are looking don't think about the metal underneath. The panel fit on all these cars was middling at best, especially in the mid 1970's, long thought the nadir of quality in American cars. But is the panel fit on this car normal bad, or "I've been in an accident", bad?

Not to go too far into this, because I can see your eyes glazing over as you read, I was hoping to be able to drive my Corvette to do this. Any little excuse, right? Nope. Not to be if the weather is to be believed. When it comes to predicting rain and cold on a Saturday in middle April, it almost always is.
_______________________________________________________________

When it Rains...

...It pours. Things have suddenly gotten very busy and I am seeing some fruits of my recent labors. It almost is enough to restore some of my lost faith in humanity.
_______________________________________________________________

Daddy Needs a New Pair of Shoes

We walk so much that my walking shoes are walked out. I need a new pair. We are going shopping tonight. Hopefully I can find some good shoes made by people who aren't forced to live in abject poverty in deplorable conditions for less than my life savings.
_______________________________________________________________

Signs Signs, Everywhere a Sign

People have been protesting a lot lately about a lot of things. Some people want equality, some people want institutionalized racism, some people are up in arms about losing collective bargaining while still others just want a job.

Many of these protesters employ signs to put their points across. They range from cutesy to sorta homicidal looking. I saw one today that I can really get behind. It said everything I had been thinking. It was clear, concise and bereft of anything that would muddy its message.



About says it all, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment