Tuesday, February 22, 2011

RISKy Business

RISK
I bought it for my computer since nobody will play with me in real life. I am very good. I only lost once, and that was to myself. So, I guess even then I was a winner.

Blogging
My carpel tunnel is keeping me from typing a bunch. I am wearing a brace now, which diminishes my already poor typing abilities. Plus I've been trying to get things done before starting the new job next week. I still won't get everything done and there has been considerable down time, but I feel the need to conjure some excuse. That's the one I went with.

Truck
Still want it. Can't have it. Still want it.

Taxes
Almost done. Need to double check my work... could I really be getting money back this year?
Too soon to say, but at least I shouldn't owe anything. We pay quarterly because Em is a contract employee and so no taxes get pulled from he check each week. This means we have to estimate and pay quarterly. It also means the government sticks us in the nether eye as for the amount of taxes per dollar. So, I have become a pretty good estimator over the last few years, which is good since we got really surprised a few years back and there were many tears.

So, even though we won't owe more, we also won't enjoy a windfall of a return. Any money we get back we just put toward next year's taxes. No going to Disney World for us, and no new pickup truck.

The Snow Plow (or That Goddamned Sonofabitch!)
You know, it's bad enough we have to shovel, but then you wake up in the morning and find that pernicious little bitch the plow man cut you off from the world, again! This time I got hit especially hard because the neighbor's daughter (bless her heart) parks her piece of shit car on my side of the street, causing the plow to have to veer off, thus allowing the accumulated snow of an entire city block to rest right in front of my five foot wide driveway.

Well, it took me forever to undo that, and caused my carpel tunnel to render my left hand a worthless and numb appendage suitable only for Bob Dole. This afternoon, the daughter (bless her heart) had some difficulty getting out of the spot since the plow did a number on her. I sat and watched, but I did not help.

Maybe the plow guy ain't so bad after all.

Dinner
I mentioned Florentine's. There was no argument. Motion carried. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment