Wednesday, August 25, 2010

For Emily on Our Tenth Anniversary

When we met in November '98,
by dumb luck, chance, or maybe fate
I did not know what lay ahead.

It was just a chat on a gaming page,
a fluke, a flash in an online age.
Until we met and you spun my head.

But I am over the shock of it all,
no more afraid to trip and fall.
I know we are together to the end!

From I do, do you?
To, I do, too!
You're my wife and my lover and my friend.

Now to our health, since our wealth eluded;
adventures we've had, good friends included.
This rhyme is only the start!

We'll keep going on as we grow older,
we'll stay fond, let's never grow colder!
I'll always love you from my heart.

As my body decays,
I'll remember these days...
though push has come to shove

And when I go away,
I'll still think of you "that way"
You are my one and only love.

Sorry for the corny... Love you sweets! Happy anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment