Thursday, April 26, 2012

Thursday Miscellany

It was 6:30 this morning when my Ernest Lee Purring brand 4-Legged, Head-Butting alarm clock went off. I hit the snooze, a couple times, but the damn thing kept landing on its feet and popping back up on the bed to try again. My regular alarm wasn't set to go off for another 20 minutes. It was, in the immortal words of every surfer dude, a bummer.

I could have used the sleep after a long road swing. You know, you never sleep as well on the road. It isn't he comfort of the bed, or the quality of the surroundings. It's more likely the late night Taco Bell runs that do it. 4th meal indeed.

I have been making hay the last few days, really trying to get up on top of the pile of things that have been slipping past my reach. So far, so good. I Think I can manage to get caught up by Friday afternoon. This is a good thing, because I simply cannot put off starting working on windows any longer.

Tonight is poker night. I have to defend my 9th rank. At least I'm not last. the guy in last place I'm not even sure he exists. He's in last because he never plays. The guy in 4th is sick, so I figure I can jump a spot or two if I focus and concentrate. Pshaw. At least at the end of the night, I can't be out more than $20 bucks and I won't be worse than 9th. In short, when you got nothing, you got nothing to lose. All apologies to Mr. Zimmerman for cribbing his immortal lyric.

I went bowling last night, for work, because my job sucks. Of course, I am kidding about the last part. I get paid to have cocktails and bowl with people who are by-and-large really fun. Tough gig. We went bowling on my birthday and bowled two games. The first was a 138, the second a 160. Last night, I had a 102 and a 67. I quit after the 67. I was not fully recovered from the previous outing. I could not grip the ball at all by the end. Frustrating. Today the knuckle on my middle finger is singin' and aria. Whooo, boy. It's sad when bowling has the effect on your body as a full-contact sport.

I guess going on the national thumb wrestling tour is out of the question.


Oh, well. I am home now and the work week is winding down. These two things are good enough for me to declare that all is well in this life right now.

Wish me luck tonight in poker... I'm gonna need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment