Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday Stuff

I was nice enough to try and start the Vette yesterday. I completed the taxes and so needed a little palette cleanser. It was dead... The battery, that is. After seeking out the date code on the battery, I found it was produced in June, 2000. Not a bad run for a car battery.

Now it's one more $100.00 chore to do before I can get rolling in spring. I also need to spend the money I committed to having the old steel wheels shot and powder coated. I already have new tires.

So, it will be a lot like me when I buy new shoes. The shoes sure look good, but it's the same old crap up top.
_____________________________________________________________

This of course means I am starting to feel the first small pangs of Spring Fever. Which is O.K., considering I finally got over Saturday Night Fever. I have been inoculated against Disco Fever, Jungle Fever and Pac Man Fever, but I am susceptible to both the Rockin' Pneumonia and the Boogie Woogie Flu.

Of these, Spring Fever is the least worrisome. In fact, I rather like it.
_____________________________________________________________

Bad hockey games are difficult to watch. Last night was no exception. It was the very first game I have ever attended or seen where neither team was penalized, though both deserved to be, and a goal was called a non-goal apparently just because.

Oh, we'll. The crowd was big, we had great seats, good companions and the beer was cold. All in all, not a total loss.
_____________________________________________________________

Beware writing a blog post on the iPad, the typos are enough to make your wife bother you endlessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment